SlackEX 14.1 64 bit uses kernel 3.11.4-x86_64-exton and KDE 4.10.5. SlackEX is based on Slackware 14.1, released 131107.
INSTALL TO HARD DRIVE
The system can easily be installed to hard drive (during a live session) using a setup program/script. You can then use Grub2 as bootloader if you want.
SlackEX can also be installed to a USB stick in Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or in a Linux system.
Almost all Slackware 14.1 standard packages are preinstalled in SlackEX 14.1. Also VirtualBox 4.2.8 (so that you can run Windows in SlackEX if you feel like it). Study the full package LIST: http://slackex.exton.net/slackex-14.1-installed-packages-131111.txt
If you install SlackEX on a USB stick all system changes (made by you) will be saved directly (automatically) to the stick.
- Based on Slackware 14.1 64 bit, released 131107
- AbiWord 2.8.6
- Gimp 2.8.6
- Kernel 3.11.4-x86_64-exton
- GCC 4.8.2
- Firefox 24.1
- Thunderbird 24.1
- KDE 4.10.5 (as in Slackware 14.1 original)
- 64 bit
- GSlapt 0.5.3h
- GParted 0.14.1
- Live installer
- Saves your system changes on a USB stick automatically
- Wicd instead of NetworkManager. (Wicd works better!)
- VirtualBox 4.2.18 (so you can run Windows in SlackEX)
Easy for use.