Alpha version of the Pendragon ToolBox.
Please, remember this is still a work in process.
Made with Java, it requires JRE 7.
To get the latest version visit: https://sourceforge.net/projects/pendragontbox/
==== VERSION HISTORY (ALPHA) ====
- Fixed Stewardship not being considered a knightly skill
- Added support for random Passions generation
- Added support for random Attributes generation
- Added support for Directed Traits
- Added European Cultures
- Lots of improvements to the way the files are saved and read.
- Added XML Schema validation check. This forces the file to follow a strict design, and stops the program from trying to process invalid files, reducing possible bugs.
- Several improvements to the way data is stored.
* Character generation
- If the culture lacked family characteristics it would be impossible to finish character creation, and so it would be impossible to save. Now the family characteristic is not compulsory.
- Now is not possible to try to roll for additional belongings if the culture lacks an additional belongings table.
- Additional belongings are temporally disabled.
- Changed the way the "Love: Family" passion is handled. Now if the culture lacks this passion it is generated based on the son number value, otherwise the one set on the culture data is used.
* Data files
- Reworked the file saving and loading system. Now data is stored in XML files.
- Improved the file support for cultures.
- Added file support for a more advanced inventory rollable table.
- Added file support for advanced skills.
- Added file support for equipment pieces (armor and shield)
- Added file support for parent class bonus
- Added file support for skills exclusive to a culture, in preparation for advanced character creation.
- Added basic file support for equipment pieces with bonus, but stills need much more work
- Added basic file support for companion animals with special effects, such as the tamed wolf or the marvellous goose
- Added various new data files.
- Added more culture files, thanks to Sergio Vallone.
* Data containers
- Reworked the way data is stored and handled through the application. Now it's always the same, no matter where the data was created.
* Bug fixes
- Fixed a bug which didn't allow negative traits to be religious traits.
- Reworked the way interval tables work, fixing several bugs.
- Fixed a bug which allowed creating invalid intervals on the rollable tables editors.
- Fixed a bug which allowed creating rows without interval on intervals editor tables.
- Fixed a bug which would not allow to add new rows on interval tables.
- Fixed a bug which would not allow to correctly edit intervals.
- Fixed a bug which allowed to introduce incorrectly formated dice values
- Several other bugs fixes.
- Libraries are again part of the runnable file. This way there are less things which may give problems.
- Added a basic file error control system. Now if any file or environmental value is missing an error is shown.
- Reworked the way attributes and derived attributes are created.
- Fixed an error on the skills table which made the new skills to ignore the maximum initial value for skills.
- Fixed an error which made the program store the wrong attribute values. It was storing the base value plus the cultural modifier, then loading this modifier again when loading the character.
- Fixed an error when trying to remove the last remaining row from a rollable values table.
- Several smaller fixes.
- Added the extra combat skills from the core book.
- Added the Amor passion.
- Added the religions from the campaign book.
* Knight related modifications
- Changed the way Honor is handled. Now only knights receive it, and there is an environmental variable handling it's initial value.
- Now only knights receive the "Loyalty: Lord" Passion.
- Important event dates are now loaded dynamically. Also now only knights have the knightly events.
* Derived attributes modifications
- Made some changes to the way derived attributes are handled.
- Changed the damage derived attribute to indicate the number of dice, while now there is a new derived attribute indicating the damage bonus. Previously, both were handled as a single derived attribute.
- Reworked the way religious bonus are handled. Now all the derived attributes, except for weight and features, can get a bonus.
- Added Dexterity Roll to the human derived attributes in preparation for handling armors.
* Other changes
- Made improvements to the new row removal button. The previous version was prone to errors.
- Finished with the horse edition additions. Now it's possible to save the horse's worth, and give it a few flags such as marking if it's a hunting horse.
- The wife edition panel now also allows to edit the year of the wedding.
- Fixed an error when saving rollable values, which always generated a new value when saving. Now only does so if the value never was generated.
- Additional fixes and changes made to horses edition.
- Various minor fixes and changes.
- Moved to JRE 7.
- Made changes to the program visual layout.
- Added the base for a system to show roll results.
- Reworked the way editing tables work when editing cultures.
- Reworked the way traits work and are handled, this includes the traits bonus.
- Reworked the way horses are handled.
- Fixed a bug which allowed to roll family characteristics without limit.
- Fixed a bug which allowed to add an unlimited number of empty skills to the skills tables.
- Fixed a bug which stopped adding new rows on some tables when they were empty.
- Made a change to the weight calculation formula to force it to be closer to the rulebook table, instead to it's description.
- Changed the way the squired age is handled
- Lots of other bugs fixed and improvements.
- Lots of fixes and tweaks on the code, which has received a deep revision. Many things should work better, but also new bugs will appear. This has been done to fix lots of smalls thing that were waiting to be done, in preparation to get back into the character generation itself.
- Movement rate was being calculated wrong.
- Fixed several errors related to character loading.
- Fixed some cases in which the program didn't load some variables from the variables file.
- Changed the way some data is stored in files, so most of the old save files won't load.
- Changed the ptbdata file to add new variables to it.
- Fixed bugs related to skills: combat skills not being initialized, 10 point free skills set instead as 15 points.
- Fixed a bug where both increasing and decreasing attributes did cost points.
- Several fixes to the way skills and characters are handled, and to the way they are loaded from the files, which caused bugs.
- Added the "Followers" section to character generation. Added a basic inventory system.
- This is the version built with the first version of the RPG ToolBox published on SourceForge.
- Lots of code changes.
- Several code changes, and now the libraries are no longer embedded in the jar.
- Started noting changes on the readme file
- Rolls simulation reworked. Value handling being reworked. So expect bugs.
- The main change is that now the constants are handled through a external file, so the user can modify them. This file is "ptbdata", and can be edited through any text editor. Of course, if you don't know what you are doing, don't touch it. There are plans to make a tool in the program for editing this file.