Kactus2 is the first graphical open source IP-XACT toolset to design embedded products, especially FPGA-based MP-SoCs. It provides easier IP reusabilility and practical HW/SW abstraction for easier application SW development.
IMPORTANT! Project management of Kactus2 has been moved to: http://kactus2.cs.tut.fi
Kactus2 is licensed under the GPL2 General Public License, but is also available for dual licensing. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to purchase a commercial license.
- Create "electronic datasheets" of your existing IPs to simplify integration
- Import IP-XACT libraries by other vendors, check their integrity, export your IP library
- Create HW designs with hierarchy
- Create quick draft block diagram blueprints for IP, system-on-chip, printed circuit board (PCB), and product. All these are stored in IP-XACT format
- Create system designs that map SW to HW
- Create SW architecture in MCAPI communication abstraction (MCAPI endpoints and channels)
- Configure all designs: set parameters, active views
- Generate structural top-level VHDL
- Generate code templates for a new IP (VHDL entities, C headers) based on their IP-XACT component description
- Generate synthesis and simulation scripts, perform SW build for all processors
- Generate combined documentation from all blocks, through all hierarchy levels