A pure Java library for reading from and writing to MS Access databases. This project is part of the OpenHMS (http://openhms.sourceforge.net/) project from Health Market Science.
- Reads and writes Microsoft Access 2000,2002/2003,2007,2010/2013 databases (1997 read-only)
- Fully supports most Access data types
- Supports table creation, index creation, row create/update/delete
- Pure Java, no native library dependencies
- Provides read-only table relationship and embedded SQL query information
- Cursors enable indexed lookup and advanced table traversal
- Reads database password in all supported versions
- Pluggable codec provider allows handling of encoded file types (see Jackcess Encrypt project)
- Support for the complex data types added in Access 2007/2010
I've been using Jackcess for a very long time now in my projects and I love it. Great tool, great support, fast and reliable.
A great library. Thank you!
Used it for the SIARD (Software-Independent Archival of Relational Databases) project of the Swiss Federal Archives. It is very good for read-access, OK for DML and rather weak on DDL.
Used it to write a front end to manage a non-profit's back end. Worked great!
take a look at h_t_t_p_s://github.com/amgohan/jackcess-orm/ a project that i initiated jackcess-orm a mini ORM for mapping MSAccess tables to Java POJOs using JPA annotations and jackess library