UCanAccess is a pure Java JDBC Driver implementation which allows java developers and jdbc client programs to read/write Microsoft Access database (.mdb and .accdb files). No ODBC needed.
- Supported Access formats: 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010.
- SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE statements. Transactions and savepoints.
- Access data types: YESNO, BYTE, INTEGER, LONG, SINGLE, DOUBLE, NUMERIC, CURRENCY, COUNTER, TEXT, OLE, MEMO, GUID, DATETIME.
- Concurrent access from multiple users (i.e., multiple application server threads).
- Connection pooling.
- ANSI 92 SQL, core SQL-2008.
- MS Access SQL.
- Main Access functions implementation.
- You can execute select queries defined and saved in Access.
- Criteria in LIKE clause.
- Access date format (e.g., #11/22/2003 10:42:58 PM#).
- Both double quote " and single quote ' as SQL string delimeters.
- Command Line Console. You can run SQL commands and display their results. CSV export command.
Very useful project . Thanks for your effort and congratulations on your work.
Following the instructions in askubuntu.com I managed to create a link to a local mdb. (I could see my tables) The problem is that after installing all these, every odb I opened, first time opened ok but after that became unusable. This is a strange behaviour since I did not saved the opened odb. So the jars provided did something to my LO or to the specific odb. After removing all files added to "class Path" (in Tools > Options > Advanced) The problem stopped for the unopened odbs but it was still present for the already opened and closed. ---- using UCanAccess-3.0.0 in ubuntu 14.04 64bit my odb files have a startup form. code Sub ShowMyStartupFrom( ) OpenMyForm("Ολα") End Sub Function OpenMyForm(frmName As String) As Object Dim ObjTypeWhat 'OpenMyForm = Null ObjTypeWhat = com.sun.star.sdb.application.DatabaseObject.FORM If ThisDatabaseDocument.FormDocuments.hasbyname(frmName) Then 'Check the form exists ThisDataBaseDocument.CurrentController.Connect() 'If the form exists connect to the database ThisDatabaseDocument.CurrentController.loadComponent(ObjTypeWhat, frmName, FALSE) 'Open the form OpenMyForm = ThisComponent Else Error1(frmName) End if End Function stops in connecting (ThisDataBaseDocument.CurrentController.Connect()) with an exception: com.sun.star.sdbc.SQLException
Becomes even more important, as the old JDBC-ODBC bridge from SUN will not work under JAVA 8 any more.
Great asset for programmatic access to Microsoft Access Databases.
Easy, supported, and features that do not exist can be requested and implemented which leads back to support.