UCanAccess is a pure Java JDBC Driver implementation which allows java developers and jdbc client programs to read/write Microsoft Access database (.mdb and .accdb files). No ODBC needed.
- Supported Access formats: 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010.
- SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE statements. Transactions and savepoints.
- Access data types: YESNO, BYTE, INTEGER, LONG, SINGLE, DOUBLE, NUMERIC, CURRENCY, COUNTER, TEXT, OLE, MEMO, GUID, DATETIME.
- Concurrent access from multiple users (i.e., multiple application server threads).
- Connection pooling.
- ANSI 92 SQL, core SQL-2008.
- MS Access SQL.
- Main Access functions implementation.
- You can execute select queries defined and saved in Access.
- Criteria in LIKE clause.
- Access date format (e.g., #11/22/2003 10:42:58 PM#).
- Both double quote " and single quote ' as SQL string delimeters.
- Command Line Console. You can run SQL commands and display their results. CSV export command.
Becomes even more important, as the old JDBC-ODBC bridge from SUN will not work under JAVA 8 any more.
Great asset for programmatic access to Microsoft Access Databases.
Easy, supported, and features that do not exist can be requested and implemented which leads back to support.
This was a wonderful discovery even before the demise of the JDBC-ODBC Bridge in Java 8. It is even more valuable now. THANKS!!
Since ODBC-JDBC bridge is no longer supported by JDK8 you just make my day! Between now MDB can be accessed in Win and Linux!? Thank you so much!