Equalizer APO is a parametric equalizer for Windows. It is implemented
as an Audio Processing Object (APO) for the system effect infrastructure
introduced with Windows Vista.
- virtually unlimited number of filters (currently limited to 100 per channel for sanity)
- works on any number of channels
- very low latency, which makes it suited for interactive applications
- low cpu usage
- Windows Vista or later (currently only Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 have been tested)
- Sound card driver must support APOs (this includes most onboard sound drivers)
- The application must not bypass the system effect infrastructure
(possible by using special APIs like ASIO)
Equalizer APO is best used in conjunction with Room EQ Wizard (http://www.hometheatershack.com/roomeq/), because it can read its filter text file format.
Please have a look at the Wiki (http://sourceforge.net/p/equalizerapo/wiki/) for instructions on installation and configuration.
Hello, I wrote a simple GUI Configurator for Equalizer APO. All it does is present a simple 10-band EQ that updates a config file (eq.txt) in real-time. More info: linge-ma.ws (latest post as of this writing, I can't post URLs)
This project is amazing, well supported and well documented.
I suffered from resonance in cheap speakerset.Determined it with REW equalizer and then applied Filter and works like a charm. WOW!!. 5 stars is insuffient.
It takes about 20 mins to understand how it works. Once you get it it's incredibly simple. I like that everything is in a text file and that as soon as you save the configuration the settings are applied. Gold star. Note to the reviewer that gave it a rate of "stupid program": this stupid program is definitely not in your league.
Wow, just wow. This is the wet dream of any serious (old-school) audio-engineer come true!