An rsync-based backup tool, enterprise-level features. Created in http://brainarray.mbni.med.umich.edu, and used in many groups, MBNI itself uses it to backup 150T data from one Windows file server and multiple Linux file servers daily, and each backup takes about 5 hours.
Please stay tuned, our next innovation is to use those ditched LTO tapes to knit a sweater probably.
- Unmodified files use only one space no matter how many backups are kept, and user-moved files can be linked back to the same space to save space even further
- User can retrieve backups without administrator's help, because the backup is on a regular file system
- Strict owner/permission control, backup file can have the same security setting as its source
- User can find file by name in backups more quickly than command 'find'
- Can backup Windows through samba, and can have granular owner/permission control for each sub-folder
- Graphic report
- Centralized control, no software installation or daily operation on client side
excellent backup tool. easy to use. looking forward to 2.0, where it reaches the state of perfection.
It is a good software, because its features are all fancy, and I am its programmer. :)