A set of command line tools for indexing CD/DVD media: cdindex is for indexing, cdfind - for search (similar to Unix find) and cdbrowse is a "plugin" for MC allowing to browse the database. Data are stored in a special binary format.
- Command line interface to your media database
- Data are stored in a special binary format
- Fast and flexible search is possible (cdfind is very similar to standard Unix find tool)
- Browse your database with Midnight Commander
- Has a plugin interface
- Ability to index many archive files (using plugins)
- Ability to index MP3 files (indexes ID3 tags)
- Flexible architecture allowing to extend toolkit easily
Cd-index works perfectly.