Menu

blank upcoming

Terry
2012-07-20
2015-08-13
  • Terry

Terry - 2012-07-20

Going to mysite.com/events/upcoming.php displays a completely blank page with no errors.

It is a public event calendar with events posted.  The calendar is working fine and displays the events but upcoming does not. 
    Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

• dallasdinosaur

dallasdinosaur - 2012-07-20

Do you have upcoming events enabled?  (System Settings, "Other" tab).

• Terry

Terry - 2012-07-21

Hi, yes, my >system settings>other> are as follows:

Upcoming Events
    Enabled: Yes
    Allow user override: Yes
    Display category icons :Yes
    Display layers: Yes
    Display links to events: Yes
    Display event popups: Yes
    Reports enabled: No
    Allow remote subscriptions: Yes
    Allow remote calendars: No
    Enable RSS feed: Yes
    Categories enabled: Yes
    Category Icon Upload enabled: No
    Display small task list: No
    Display tasks in Calendars:No
    Allow external users: No
    Allow self-registration: Yes
    Restrict self-registration to blacklist: No
    Generate passwords and send to new users:Yes
    Allow file attachments to events: No
    Allow comments to events: No

Has this seriously not been experienced by anyone else?

I appreciate your input.

• dallasdinosaur

dallasdinosaur - 2012-07-22

The only other time I've seen this type an error is when there is a php error that isn't displaying.  If you've made changes to upcoming.php (as people often do, particularly with CSS entries), that's a possibility.  If you haven't modified the code, then this problem isn't likely.  To diagnose further, you might add the following statements at the top of upcoming.php, just after the <?php statement:

error_reporting(E_ALL);             
    ini_set('display_errors', '1');

Any php errors encountered should display.

• Terry

Terry - 2012-07-23

Hi dallas,
    I added those lines of code to upcoming.php and no errors display. There being no errors must mean there are no public events so i forced the days to display to 365 through the URL override and that worked. /upcomping.php?days=365.

This still has a problem that it only displays event sin the current year and not all within the 365 days from now.

Can this be forced?

Thanks for your input.

Terry

• dallasdinosaur

dallasdinosaur - 2012-07-24

You probably need to also override maxEvents as well (which isn't documented very well in upcoming.php):

/upcoming.php?days=365&maxEvents=100

I believe the default is 10.

• Tamra Ross

Tamra Ross - 2014-04-17

I'm having this issue after upgrading my webcalendar installation. There are no PHP errors. The problem is that after install the public access user is missing and I cannot get it to display as an option. I have ensured that all the public access flags are set to on and that public access is the default participant. I have viewed my group user table and see that public_access is in that table and part of the correct group. Yet when I try to create groups I can add all of my users and the system administrator, but not Public Access. For all of my old events, public access has been removed as the participant. For some reason, just one event had the public access participant and it was displaying on upcoming.

I'm at a loss as to how to restore the public access user so I can add it to my groups, and how to restore it to my existing events!

• dallasdinosaur

dallasdinosaur - 2014-05-27

Any luck on this yet? Check again system settings for public access tab. Ensure flags are "YES" for Allow Public Access, Public Access Visible by Default, Public Access is Default Participant at a minimum. Other flags may be necessary depending on setup. If for example, you don't normally "approve" calendar entries, but have the "Require Event Approvals" set to YES on the Settings Tab (along with Display Unapproved = "NO"), this could cause a problem. If that doesn't resolve the problem, check your English-US.txt file (assuming you're a US user) in the translations directory - both your old system and new and ensure "Public Access: Public Access" hasn't been changed to something else for more descriptive page titles.

Is problem resolved?

• Kleber

Kleber - 2015-08-13

I am having the same problem , when I try to access the upcoming.php the page is blank. Someone managed to solve it and you tell me what can be ?

http://www.aeroclubemaringa.com.br/escaladevoo/upcoming.php