Menu

Linux server on new version of Linux?

Help
thor101
2007-01-10
2013-04-17
  • thor101

thor101 - 2007-01-10

I tried to run the linux server, and it was demanding libstdc++.so.5    I have .so.6 installed on my system, and it doesn't seem too happy with that.  I downloaded the source, but it didn't look like compiling just the server on linux was something easily done.  Any suggestions (other than reverting to so.5 to getting a server installed ?

Thanks.

--thor101

• James Coxon

James Coxon - 2007-01-17

Off the top of my head you could just make a symbolic link to .so.6

Something like:

ln -s /lib/libstdc++.so.5 /lib/libstdc++.so.6

Someone correct me if i'm wrong...
      Jcoxon

• thor101

thor101 - 2007-01-18

Ahh, I thought I put that in there, but I guess I forgot.  I tried doing a softlink, but Waste still didn't run correctly becaus it was looking for some function calls or something that it couldn't find.

So yeah, I tried to softlink routine, but that didn't work.

Since then, I actually got meshing to work so it is not as much of an issue.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

--t

• johndoe32102002

johndoe32102002 - 2009-12-08

I got this error originally:
    ~/waste$ ./start
    ./wastesrv: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

ln command:
    /usr/lib$ sudo ln -s libstdc++.so.6 /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5

I got this error after trying the ln command:
    ~/waste$ ./start
    ./wastesrv: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5: version "CXXABI_1.2' not found (required by ./wastesrv)
    ./wastesrv: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5: version `GLIBCPP_3.2' not found (required by ./wastesrv)

This probably means there are major differences in stdc++ v5 and v6 libraries.  Anyone have a fix for this to get the start (or wastesrv) script working?

• Darck Clouds

Darck Clouds - 2010-04-19

anyone could help me out to able to make waste server works in  linux? i can't find the right version that works. what could be the solution?