This is the package containing the build environment for Pidgin.
I would say it's already pretty usable (and I am using it myself). The MacOSX integration could be a bit better but I'll just wait there for the Gtk+ MacOSX port, they are implementing on related stuff (IGE Mac).
* pidgin-src : -> link to current sources
* pidgin-src-orig : -> link to current original sources
* pidgin-2.5.5 : the patched Pidgin sources
* pidgin-2.5.5-orig : the original sources (needed there for diffing)
* pidgin-macosx : Xcode project files
* pidgin-otr-3.1.0 : OTR plugin
* gnutls-2.6.4 : patched GnuTLS sources
* gfire-0.7.1 : patched Gfire sources
* pidgin-facebookchat-1.47 : patched Facebookchat sources
Install the Gtk+ framework (together with Cairo and GLib, if not included in the framework already) to /Library/Frameworks/. At the time of writing (2009-03-10), the frameworks included here should be the newest one (build from SVN). If that one is outdated, you can download it from www.gtk-osx.org.
Now, you should be able to load the Xcode project in pidgin-macosx and build Pidgin.
This Pidgin port for MacOSX is maintained by Albert Zeyer.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or visit my homepage: www.az2000.de