Menu

need some advice PG2/allowed addresses

Help
2007-05-26
2012-11-11
  • afteryouwho

afteryouwho - 2007-05-26

There doesn't seem to be a lot of movement on this forum, but here goes my problem in the hopes that someone will throw me a line.

I use an email preveiw program (MailWasher) to filter my mail. I have configured my allow list to let this program open but have discovered that everytime I restart my computer I have to reconfigure PG2 to allow it again. I have gone to my "List Manager" and there it is but with a slight variance: It seems to list every time I have made an "allow" rule but with a slightly different number every time (sometimes ends in 170, sometimes in 245, or 145, etc.)
    When I go to "View History" I see that it is different everyday. Plus it changes ports daily as well. I am assuming that this is something to do with the program and not with PG2.

Am I right? And if I am, is there any way that I can force the MailWasher program to always use the same numbers and ports?

Thanks for any advice.

• Jouni Järvinen

Jouni Järvinen - 2007-05-26

When you re-allow mailwasher to connect, make sure you hit Allow permanently, not any else.

• Gambit20011

Gambit20011 - 2007-05-27

If it is a different IP then PG is working. The settings you want must be changed within MailWasher and those questions should be forwarded to their support site/email. Also our more active support forum is found at http://forums.phoenixlabs.org/