This is mainly a bug fix release.
As some of you may have noticed, this project here at sourceforge has migrated to the new SourceForge 2.0 allura. Please update your links and URLs, e.g. of the git repository.
Please welcome "PeerGuardian Linux 2.2.1"!
This version adds the last feature only present in mobloquer, but not in pglgui: "whois information about blocked IPs".
Since I also fixed or workarounded all issues with older Debian and Ubuntu versions I added transitional packages for the old moblock/blockcontrol/mobloquer packages. This means the Debian/Ubuntu world now moves to pgl automatically. (Except the 2008 Ubuntu Long Term Release Hardy which I think is ok to be left behind forever ;P )... read more
After some quiet time, it was time to get back to you once again. Please welcome "PeerGuardian Linux 2.2.0 The autotools release"!
* our new Gentoo maintainer hasufell added a real buildsystem (GNU autotools)
* renamed pgl-gui to pglgui
* new features for pglgui and several fixes
* added autotools support
* overall code refactor to the gui
* fixed issues with finding graphical su
* added 2 new actions for viewing pgld and pglcmd log files.
- added new widget to allow viewing and filtering information on files.
* added error dialog... read more
Just to make it official: Our old home phoenixlabs.org is not active any more. So the only official place is here at sourceforge now: http://sourceforge.net/projects/peerguardian/
We are working on enabling and reworking more features here. Participation in any form is always welcome. This is an open project working on free and open source. Just use the Trackers and Forums here to get in contact.
PeerGuardian is a privacy oriented firewall application. It blocks connections to and from hosts specified in huge blocklists (thousands or millions of IP ranges). Its origins lie in targeting aggressive IPs while you use P2P.... read more
Let's go on with pgl 2.1.3.
Several fixes, mainly for cross distro support.
* added "+" to default nice values (+0 for pgld). Fixes problems with
Redhat's init functions.
* Makefile fixes:
- keep default setting "use builtin LSB init functions".
- replaced pkg-config with CFLAGS (containing the previous) in dbus.so
- reordered recipes to build with option "as-needed".
Fixes building in Ubuntu oneiric.
* impoved output of show_config to show the version of the LSB init
functions.... read more
And here we are again: pgl 2.1.2
Most important it fixes the
The complete ChangeLog:
* pgld/Makefile: moved LDFLAGS to end of rule. This should solve some
issues with newer gcc versions
* pgl-gui: swapped the restart and reload icons
* documentation updates
* fixed blank blocklist items, if blocklist is not from iblocklist.com
* fixed temporary allowing with right-click in the log window
kdesudo only accepts one command as argument, so execute all commands
through the tmp script.
* allow to specify the maximum log size (default 512 lines)
* reduced window's minimum width and height.
* removed unused mobloquer code
* minor fixes
Many new features, improvements, and fixes
This release fixes many of the outstanding bugs from Beta2, and adds list exporting and full connection logging.