Menu

pear pc made you switch?

bobx
2004-11-14
2013-05-28
  • bobx

bobx - 2004-11-14

i few months back i tried out pear pc to have a bit of fun with a different operating system (other than windows or linux).

using pear pc made me like mac os alot, but i didnt like the limatitions that pear pc has. the speed seriosuly anoyed and so did the no sound issue and command line interface for installation. then i discovered that there is a part in the mac os x user aggrements that states that you must be installing our operating system on a apple branded machine.

so i about 2 months ago a gave up and got a powerbook and it feels so nice to know that this is not a emulator, this is not a mod, this is just a great operating system.

i do have to thank the guys that made pear pc for helping me realise how great macs are and i was wondering if any of you have switched because of pear pc.

• Clemens Brust

Clemens Brust - 2005-02-23

I thank the developers too. If I could afford a Mac and my software for the Mac, I would switch too. Wouldn't be such a great switch, because Linux ist POSIX and Mac OS X also. Does somebody (from Germany?) know a source to by cheap macs? I've got a 100 max and tried at eBay, but i never got one. I would prefer a PowerMac G4, that's not as expensive and it is almost more than I need.

• Justin Mitchell

Justin Mitchell - 2005-02-25

I think I'm gonna get a Mac Mini! They're cheap, and great!

http://www.apple.com/macmini/

• bobx

bobx - 2005-03-13

yeah the mac minis look great, i might get my self one as a second computer.