Error in Upgrading to Version 2.4.1.

Setup
teresa
2009-01-15
2013-06-05
  • teresa

teresa - 2009-01-15

Hi,

I have orange ver 2.4.0.1 already installed in my machine.i try to upgrade to 2.4.1.I followed all the instruction, create newfolder newversion(For Ex:) under root directory of Orange2.4.0.1, and extract 2.4.1 to the folder, and enter the url in browser as /newversion/upgrade, it asks the username and password.After submit it, it shows the ERROR as Version Incompatibility.Please resolve it..

• teresa

teresa - 2009-03-30

Hi,

Please find the instructions in following blog post.

http://www.orangehrm.com/blog/2009/03/12/upgrading-from-2401-to-241/

• teresa

teresa - 2009-03-30

Hi,

I tried the above info to upgrade from 2.4.0.1 to 2.4.1, but it failed. The error is:

Data Import from Current Database
        There were errors when importing data. You may delete this database and start with a new one.

And it shows 99%.

I did it twice, but still same.

Could you please post another information for this issue?

Thank you,

Yoshi

• teresa

teresa - 2009-03-30

Hi Yoshi

Have you populated your 2.4.0.1 database from the back end (when populating data at the beginning), ie: using any data population script.

• teresa

teresa - 2009-03-30

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I used to use 2.3 and then upgraded it to 2.4.0.1, the latest version at the time, using the script that your support team gave to me. Because of the help, I could migrate our data safely and easily.

If there is something that I have to do before using a new updater from 2.4.0.1 to 2.4.1, please post any information here.

I have one more question. I am now thinking about to upgrade the system by myself not using any scripts this time as a final solution. Please teach me if the following steps are correct.

1. Compare the database structure between 2.4.0.1 and 2.4.1, field size, null, length, key...and then change 2.4.0.1's structure according to 2.4.1. At the end, I will have my database with our data and 2.4.1's structure.

2. Replace programs with 2.4.1 in our root folder. I may need to move back some files, encrypt key or something?

Do I also need to change some data like status or flgs? e.g.) 1 => 2

Thank you for your help.

• teresa

teresa - 2009-03-30

Hi Yoshi,

Make sure the version number at lib/confs/Conf.php in your 2.4.0.1 version is 2.4.0.1. If you upgraded to 2.4.0.1 from 2.3 using a script, this may still contain the old version number. Change it and try again.