Menu

CCompletion 1.09

2008-09-10
2013-01-13
  • CCompletion

CCompletion - 2008-09-10

CCompletion 1.09 for Notepad++ v5.0.3

CCompletion is a free plugin with these functions:
    - code completion (complete the partially-typed-in identifier, case insensitive)
    - identifier lookup (you can quickly search for an identifier using simple regular expressions, without having to type anything in the Notepad++ editor)
    - go to identifier in the view of your choice (either by using a direct shortcut from an identifier currently under keyboard caret, or by opening the CCompletion dialog and using regular expression to choose the identifier)
    - separate history function for both views (move forward and backward, can manually insert or delete individual entries)
    - comes with help that describes all the functions in even more detail ;)
    - as a bonus, a hardcoded snippet system (designed only for C programming language, though)

Install the plugin by copying its .DLL file to Notepad++ \plugins\ directory. You will also need to add in this directory the ctags.exe file, which you can get here:
    http://ctags.sourceforge.net

Due to Exuberant Ctags power, CCompletion works with many programming languages, but is designed and tested mainly for C programming language. You can still give it a try, though.

Changes in 1.09:
    - fixed some bugs
    - redesigned and fixed history
    - some snippet improvements

CCompletion download link:
    http://freeweb.siol.net/rmihor/NppCCompletionPlugin.zip

Regards,
    Bostjan

• Greg Williams

Greg Williams - 2009-04-24

Bostjan,

Would still REALLY like the source code for this plugin...

PLEASE!!!

Thanks,
      Greg

• Rick99

Rick99 - 2009-04-24

And I would love a unicode version. Have just switched from notepad++ ANSI version and now I am missing one of my favorite plugins...

best regards

• CCompletion

CCompletion - 2009-04-25

Greg & Rick,

don't worry, I just started to work on it today. Things have been really busy since new years and I finally got some time off.

I also found out that my email provider had trouble for a while now and incoming mail probably did not work for a long time already. I can't even login at the moment. So if anyone sent me a mail - I didn't receive it. I have changed the address in sourceforge system. The new address is the same, only at gmail.com.

The next version is planned to be unicode N++ compatible and some new features added.

I'm considering releasing the code either under some opensource licence or even public domain. But I need to at least complete this upcoming version and check whether there are still issues with MinGW runtime > 3.12. I'm keeping an old version just for this purpose, so this'll need to be resolved. I'll also need to make the code a bit less messy ;)

In the meanwhile, I would be happy to hear some suggestions about releasing the code. Are most N++ plugins released as sourceforge projects?

Regards, Bostjan

• aaaa

aaaa - 2008-09-12

source code would be nice ;D

• Mishail

Mishail - 2008-09-15

Thnxalot. Looking forward for improvements of memory consumption (http://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=5159234)

• CCompletion

CCompletion - 2008-09-16

Hmm, that completely slipped my mind. Will write myself a note for the next version.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2011-02-15

It seems CComplition doesn't understand paths with spaces like C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs

• Thanasis Katsios

it doesnt seem to work for me...
    ctags.cmp has found my identifiers correcly but they dont appear in code completion