CCompletion 1.09 for Notepad++ v5.0.3
CCompletion is a free plugin with these functions:
- code completion (complete the partially-typed-in identifier, case insensitive)
- identifier lookup (you can quickly search for an identifier using simple regular expressions, without having to type anything in the Notepad++ editor)
- go to identifier in the view of your choice (either by using a direct shortcut from an identifier currently under keyboard caret, or by opening the CCompletion dialog and using regular expression to choose the identifier)
- separate history function for both views (move forward and backward, can manually insert or delete individual entries)
- comes with help that describes all the functions in even more detail ;)
- as a bonus, a hardcoded snippet system (designed only for C programming language, though)
Install the plugin by copying its .DLL file to Notepad++ \plugins\ directory. You will also need to add in this directory the ctags.exe file, which you can get here:
Due to Exuberant Ctags power, CCompletion works with many programming languages, but is designed and tested mainly for C programming language. You can still give it a try, though.
Changes in 1.09:
- fixed some bugs
- redesigned and fixed history
- some snippet improvements
CCompletion download link:
Would still REALLY like the source code for this plugin...
And I would love a unicode version. Have just switched from notepad++ ANSI version and now I am missing one of my favorite plugins...
Greg & Rick,
don't worry, I just started to work on it today. Things have been really busy since new years and I finally got some time off.
I also found out that my email provider had trouble for a while now and incoming mail probably did not work for a long time already. I can't even login at the moment. So if anyone sent me a mail - I didn't receive it. I have changed the address in sourceforge system. The new address is the same, only at gmail.com.
The next version is planned to be unicode N++ compatible and some new features added.
I'm considering releasing the code either under some opensource licence or even public domain. But I need to at least complete this upcoming version and check whether there are still issues with MinGW runtime > 3.12. I'm keeping an old version just for this purpose, so this'll need to be resolved. I'll also need to make the code a bit less messy ;)
In the meanwhile, I would be happy to hear some suggestions about releasing the code. Are most N++ plugins released as sourceforge projects?
source code would be nice ;D
Thnxalot. Looking forward for improvements of memory consumption (http://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=5159234)
Hmm, that completely slipped my mind. Will write myself a note for the next version.
It seems CComplition doesn't understand paths with spaces like C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs
it doesnt seem to work for me...
ctags.cmp has found my identifiers correcly but they dont appear in code completion