Menu

Migrate to new PC

General
2014-04-11
2014-04-12
  • Rick Greene

Rick Greene - 2014-04-11

I just purchased a new laptop, and want to move all my MagicAssistant data over.

I've got a lot of collections and decks, and using import/export will be a very onerous task.

I tried copying the "Collections" and "Decks" folders from c:\windows\documents and settings\User\MagicAssistantWorkspace from the old laptop to the matching location on the new, but when I open MA on the new laptop it doesn't recognize anything from the Decks folder and only one collection from the Collections folder.

What did I miss?

Thanks in advance for help with this great inventory tool,
    Rick

• Alena Laskavaia

Alena Laskavaia - 2014-04-11

They both running windows? it should have just read all the files. is workspase location the same?

• Rick Greene

Rick Greene - 2014-04-11

Yes, both Windows...old is Windows XP, new is Windows 8.1. Same workspace location.

I didn't copy the entire "MagicAssistantWorkspace" folder, is that my problem?

• Rick Greene

Rick Greene - 2014-04-12

Resolved it...I decided to experiment since the old laptop still works and the new one wasn't working yet.

I deleted the "MagicAssistantWorkspace" folder that was created on the new laptop when I first ran the app, and copied over the entire "MagicAssistantWorkspace" folder from the old laptop, and then ran MagicAssistant on the new laptop.

I could see all my collections and decks!

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel