Menu

French localization

2007-02-24
2013-05-02
  • Sylvain PERCHAUD

I have just translated to French the version 0.9.5.0210 of iTerm.

I have a few questions for the development team and other translators of this project :

- why are there two different places for Ressources (namely : iTerm.app/Contents/Resources/ and iTerm.app/Contents/Frameworks/iTerm.framework/Versions/A/Resources/) ?

- how can I submit my translation so that I will not have to translate all over again all strings for each new release ? I mean, I would like to only translate what is new, not to translate everything again for version 0.9.5.x

- is there a way, with PackageManager, to locate where iTerm.app is before copying the translated ressources ? For example, not everybody is using the standard Application folder (/Applications/), some people may use (/Applications/Utilities/) for iTerm.

• Wataru Kagawa

Wataru Kagawa - 2007-02-25

Hi Sylvain:

I don't know the answer to the first question, but I can try to answer the other two.

> - how can I submit my translation so that I will not have to translate all over again all strings for each new release ? I mean, I would like to only translate what is new, not to translate everything again for version 0.9.5.x

I don't know if it can be done easily.  A shareware like iLocalize (http://www.arizona-software.ch/applications/ilocalize/en/) may help translating updated programs.

> - is there a way, with PackageManager, to locate where iTerm.app is before copying the translated ressources ? For example, not everybody is using the standard Application folder (/Applications/), some people may use (/Applications/Utilities/) for iTerm.

Excellent point.  There is a way of doing this using PackageMaker.  I will re-write the manual and submit it to the developer.

• fabian

fabian - 2007-03-15

We try to consolidate the terminal emulation code into a framework that can be used in other applications. This is why there are two places.