Menu

Export Image window becomes unresponsive and grayed out

Help
2014-01-08
2018-01-10
  • Martin B. Brilliant

Downloaded and installed Gimp 2.8.10p2 from lisanet on Mac OS X 10.9.1 (Mavericks). Edited a JPG from a camera, opened Export As, creating an Export Image window.

If I leave the Export Image window (to look at the original image, or to refer to Help) and then return to it, the Export Image window is grayed out and unresponsive. I can't close it, cancel, export, or change any of the parameters.

I can quit Gimp (without Force Quit) or continue to edit that or other images, but when I try to Export As I get back to the same unresponsive window.

• Simone Karin Lehmann

hhhmmm, I've jut tried to do the steps you describe. I open a image, select export as, switch to the main window - which does not work because the export window is a modal dialog as it's supposed to be, nevertheless the export window get's inactive but can be easily re-activated by simply clicking in it. So everything works as expected. Sorry, I can't reproduce your issue,

• Martin B. Brilliant

Ah, I misremembered how it happened. In the Export Image window, I click Export, and a small window appears over it with some JPG options, and the Export Image window becomes inactive. If I then click the Export Image window (which I might do if I leave it and then return), the Export Image window comes to the foreground, hiding the small options window, but it is still inactive.

I just realized that there is a way out of this bind, because there is a shadowy icon in the dock representing the small options window, and if I click on it the options window comes to the foreground.

Also: the Export Image window is not modal. It does cover the main image window, but if I drag it out of the way I can edit the image in the main image window. Do we really have the same version (2.8.10p2)?

• Simone Karin Lehmann

yes, we’re talkin about 2.8.10p2. and, it’s not modal, sorry, Imenat more something like 'sticking in front‘. And as far as I can see, this behaviour of the JPG-export window (and every other window too, can’t be changed, because it is dsiplayed by the JPG-export plugin. Plugins in GIMP are a kind of applications and therefor can’t be modal like dialog windows are.

Regards
      Simone Karin

Am 08.01.2014 um 20:09 schrieb Martin B. Brilliant marty39@users.sf.net:

Ah, I misremembered how it happened. In the Export Image window, I click Export, and a small window appears over it with some JPG options, and the Export Image window becomes inactive. If I then click the Export Image window (which I might do if I leave it and then return), the Export Image window comes to the foreground, hiding the small options window, but it is still inactive.

I just realized that there is a way out of this bind, because there is a shadowy icon in the dock representing the small options window, and if I click on it the options window comes to the foreground.

Also: the Export Image window is not modal. It does cover the main image window, but if I drag it out of the way I can edit the image in the main image window. Do we really have the same version (2.8.10p2)?

Export Image window becomes unresponsive and grayed out

Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in https://sourceforge.net/p/gimponosx/discussion/761056/

To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit https://sourceforge.net/auth/subscriptions/

• Isaiah Rambes

Isaiah Rambes - 2018-01-10

I'm a little late, but the solution to this problem is simple. When the export window opens, click on your desktop, then click back on the export window and it will become responsive. I hope this helps! Works on both window modes.