GIMP on OS X is now available as an universal binary, which will run both on Intel based Macs and on PPC systems. Besides the effect that the new binary will run on recent Intel and PPC Leopard systems, it eases maintenance of the building process dramatically.
A universal binary for Mac OS X 10.4.11, aka Tiger, will follow soon.
GIMP 2.6.4 has been released. New build for Leopard an Tiger are on the way.
One long standing bug is now fixed. Finaly, internationalization fro asian languages now works an asian fonts are now displayed properly.
Due to a change in the naming scheme of the packages, the donwload links for PPC packages got broken. This is now fixed.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
The 2.6.2 GIMP packages for Leopard / Tiger / Intel / PPC are now available.
Beside the main update to GIMP 2.6.2 there are some other changes in these releases.
* GIMP 2.6.2
* UFRaw 0.14.1, read and process various camera raw files
* GREYCstoration 2.9, noise reduction plugin for GIMP
* Liquid Rescale plugin 0.5
* user account with more than 16 groups on MS Active Directory
* fonts cache directory now stored within GIMP's user directory
* default settings for toolbox and docks windows: "normal" (as in 2.4)... read more
bug fix: open files in finder, drag & drop
A small bug has crept into the first release of 2.6.1 on Leopard/PPC. Opening a second image file in finder won't work in the previous release. Drag & Drop on an already running Gimp icon won't work.
These two bugs are now fixed. Please download the bug fix release: