Menu

Importing MindManager maps

Help
2004-04-06
2013-04-11
  • Nobody/Anonymous

I have a lot of MindManager X5 maps that I want to import into Freemind. Can anyone offer any advice on the best way to do this? In particular the maps have a lot of links to files and URLs that I'd like to preserve.

Regards

Robin

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hello,

I also have this same issue, except my mindmanager maps are still done with old 3.5 version. And would like to see importing possible too.. Any advices?

Br,

<Vesa>

• Peter Tandler

Peter Tandler - 2005-04-10

Hi,

it seems that the URL of XSLT files that is given in the wiki (http://courses.iicm.edu/~hkrott/site/docs/seminar/sem2002_mindmaps.tar.gz) is broken.

Any hints?

Thanks,
        Peter

• Nobody/Anonymous

You can find some information regarding the import and/or export between FreeMind <> MindManager
      http://freemind.freezope.org/FreemindWiki/ImportAndExportToOtherApplications

bz

• Nobody/Anonymous

Thanks for the answer to this "BZ".
      I had also posted a question about this bofore your answer appeared

Gary

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hello,

Maybe I read it wrong way, but I couldn't find exactly instruction to Mindmanager -> freemind import. Could try Mindmanager -> Excel -> Freemind, but sounds like a lot of missed features.

If I'm totally blind, could somebody help me find right information...

<Vesa>

• Peter Kindermann

Hi,

I converted tons of my mindmanager-mindmaps to freemind-mindmaps. Very good result!

I didn't  have colors and pictures. Relative links work almost (they link to file.mmp instead of file.mm).

There is a HowTo: Conversion Mindmanager to Freemind

Peter

• Peter Kindermann

• David Griffiths

David Griffiths - 2004-06-14

Hi, I just added an update to that Wiki. It appears that .mmap files are just jar files which contain a .xml file. So I guess in theory you should be able to convert straight from .mmap to .mm without worrying about exporting from MindManager?