Menu

moving your map position back and forth ?

Anonymous
2012-04-16
2013-04-12
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-04-16

Hi, when I work in visual studio writing asp.net code I am able to move back to previous location in code by pressing ctrl minus(-)   I was wondering if this is something that exists in Free Mind.  If not, I would love to have this feature since my map is very large and sometimes I just want to go back where I was previously. 

• Christian Foltin

Hi,

already exists, see http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/FreeMind_1.0.0:_The_New_Features#Other_features

Moreover it contains a feature from Eclipse:

Jump to the last edit locations (control-q):
            If you press Control-Q, you'll get to the node ultimately changed.
            Pressing Control-Q again moves to the last but second and so on.
            Ten places are stored.

You have to use the latest beta version.

HTH, Chris

• Christian Foltin

Sorry, this was only the edit location. Jump locations are implemented already in 0.9.0. Look into the navigation menu (back and forth).

HTH, Chris

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-04-16

Chris, I am on the 0.9.0 version  ctrl + q closes mind map.  I don't see anything in nav menu.  Please advise

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-04-24

ok i found it!  It's Alt+left arrow or Alt+right arrow!  Great!

• Smarn

Smarn - 2012-08-01

Hi Christianfoltin,
    I'm using freemind for my classroom lecture, and my map is very large and contain a lot of figures.
    Is it possible to do something like mode change between show/edit ?
    Because while I pan the map, I have to place my mouse outside all objects or else it will go to edit that one.
    (I mean that it will be good if we can place a mouse at any point while panning)

• Smarn

Smarn - 2012-08-01

Hi Christianfoltin,
    I'm using freemind for my classroom lecture, and my map is very large and contain a lot of figures.
    Is it possible to do something like mode change between show/edit ?

I'm sorry for that, there are mode change by Alt+1 or +2.
    But for my Windows 7 computer, I can see only a white screen on Browse mode.
    (Freemind 1.0.0 Beta 1 and Beta 5)