Menu

dvdstyler last version, navigation buttons still not working on a modern dvd player

Help
vanricc
2014-01-07
2014-01-19
  • vanricc

vanricc - 2014-01-07

DVD STYLER 2.6.1 running on winxp sp3

I created a SIMPLE project, with 3 simple navigation button

on my BRAND NEW samsung blue ray player HT-F4500, the navigation buttons do nothing
    I read old topics and...
    - I tried to define the navigation next-button focus to a named button, instead of "auto" -> failure
    - I tried to delete the post command and pre command to nothing... -> failure
    - also the "confirm" button does not work. (the selected track does not start)

of course, if I use videolan everything works...

if I try an (older) dvd bought in a shop, it works perfectly... but the menu is animated (it's a vedeo not an image) and... read further

a strange hint. i tried dvdstyler 1.7... when the main menu starts, it seems to "last" 4 seconds (my dvd player "counts" 4 seconds). during the 4 seconds, the navigation buttons WORK! but at the end of the 4 seconds, they stops working... it seems like the navigation buttons works DURING the play!
    if I set properties/loop FLAG TO yes, THE VIDEO RELOAD EVERY 4 SECONDS BUT IT WOKS...

any suggestion/bugfix?

I can give my project file if useful...

thank you!

• NtAlex

NtAlex - 2014-01-09

Try DVDStyler 2.7 beta 2 and set "menu frame count" to 1000 in DVD/Settings/Core and loop to yes in menu properties.

• vanricc

vanricc - 2014-01-19

thank you!

• Christian

Christian - 2014-01-10

Hi Alex,

I've the same problem. One week ago a colleague has reported to me this menu problem. I said to him, please check your firmware, DVD's created by me are running in all players I have ever tested very successful.
    A few day's ago I bought a new Panasonic BDT 130 for my mum with that I've the same problems. My own player is the the predecessor model BDT 220 which shows no problems.

My main problem is that I've mastered some DVD's over the last years. In very early versions of DVDStyler I can remember that menu's were mastered with a "longer" running time and loop per default. So the user had enough time to navigate. In the recent versions there is a default frame count of 12 in the core settings and no loop. It seems that some player's will freeze at the end of the menu stream.

Now my main questions: What are the best settings to meet the spec? What is allowed and and what is not?
    Is the behavior of these few players correct?
    I've read on some other places that some players have problems with menu's frame count >12.
    Has "draw buttons on the background" effects?
    What is about the Pause Values -1 0. What to set there?
    Must there be an audio stream present?

Please can you bring some light in the darkness?

I want to avoid to master discs which aren't in the specification.

Thanks for your answer and your great work in advance!
    Christian