Menu

DVD Menu doesnt start automaticly on DVD player

Help
sterredag
2015-08-28
2015-08-30
  • sterredag

sterredag - 2015-08-28

When I use the button Top Menu, everything works perfect, but somehowe the top menu doesnt automaticly show. Is there something I can check for this?

• ecodrv

ecodrv - 2015-08-29

I think your information is short.
    What automaticly show ?

• sterredag

sterredag - 2015-08-29

If you put a DVD in a DVD player, normally the menu shows up. (the menu you make with this program) But when I put my DVD in my DVD player, the menu doesnt start. The DVD Loads, then it nothing. When I press the "top menu" button on my remote control, Everything works fine.

• JMJ

JMJ - 2015-08-30

Some of the buttons on your remote controller is used to invoke certain menus depending on their Entry type. (see attached). Your "Top Menu" button most likely invoke a VMGM menu with a "Title" entry. On other remotes this button may be called something different like Title/Menu/DVD menu ...

You'll have other buttons on the remote that may be called something like Root/Chapters/Subtitles/Audio used to invoke VTSM menues depending on their entry type.

This doesn't explain why your menu doesn't appear initially when the DVD is inserted into a player. To tell why you should attach your project file (.dvds) to a post.

Cheers.

• sterredag

sterredag - 2015-08-30

oke here is the .dvds file

• JMJ

JMJ - 2015-08-30

I've read the project file you've attached. However, I see nothing in it that prevents a DVD to start with it's menu. Have you tried the DVD with adifferent player or a software player?

I attach a small screen recording of how it looks from my point-of-view.

Cheers

• sterredag

sterredag - 2015-08-30

Thank you for taking the effort to look into this. Because i dont have another DVD player.. I took another dvd I made from the same sample and this one works fine maybe its just a burning error then I guess. I thought if it is an error of mine, I want to correct it before making more. But now I think I just can continue on with it.

• JMJ

JMJ - 2015-08-30

I always test with a software player before burning. My "reference" software player is Cyberlink PowerDVD vers 7.0.

• sterredag

sterredag - 2015-08-30

how do I test before burn? because in my DVDStyler I klick Burn to start the conversion.

• JMJ

JMJ - 2015-08-30

After you click the Burn button you should get the attached window. Select "Just generate" or "Create ISO image"

Cheers

Last edit: JMJ 2015-08-30
  • sterredag

sterredag - 2015-08-30

Ah nice thx ;)