Menu

Mac installation/running problems

Help
2004-08-17
2004-08-17
  • Dan Uznanski

Dan Uznanski - 2004-08-17

(Sorry about last time, putting that in bugs, I didn't see the message till after...)

Anyway.

So I managed to get past the "no such module wx" problem by copying the wx module folders from /Library/Python/2.3/ to /usr/lib/python2.3/

Now I'm getting the following error when doing ./drpython.py in version 3.3.6 and wxPython 2.5.2.7:

Fatal Python error: Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)
    Abort

This error also occured running drPy 3.0.6 with wxPy 2.5.1.5 and also drPy 3.3.6 with wxPy 2.5.1.5.

I'm right now running OS X 10.3.5 with Python 2.3.4.

Any ideas on where I should look?  Thanks.

Dan Uznanski

• Dan Uznanski

Dan Uznanski - 2004-08-17

Arg.  Of course immediately after I post this I find some things down there saying that I might need to make drpython use pythonw...

And it works.

Vorn

• Daniel Pozmanter

You need a clean install, and you need to find another wxpython app to test it with, to be completely sure.

I've messed around with my wxpython install, trying in vain to get the gtk2 version to compile on my (apparently) inferior mandrake 9.2 box.

All kinds of hell broke loose.

You cannot manually copy the files, and expect things to work themselves out.

My suggestion is to remove python/wxpython,
      install python, and then install wxpython, taking extra note of the warnings about the location of python on different mac systems (depending on your version).

Then try to run demo.py.

If that works, DrPy, should too.

Cheers,
      Dan

• Daniel Pozmanter

Oh.  Please disregard my needlessly complex and potentially dangerous advice then :)