This patch adds emulation for the very rare SID-based
Innovation SSI-2001 card. The emulation is based on
reSID source files are added under src/hardware/reSID
with only the following changes:
1) .cpp extension is used instead of .cc;
2) In siddefs.h VERSION is replaced by "0.16";
3) In sid.cpp line 521 log(2) is replaced with log(2.)
(was causing compile error).
Emulation is controlled by section [innova] in
dosbox.conf. Emulation can be enabled/disabled
(disabled by default); sample rate can be changed
(22050 seems to be optimal); SID base port can be
changed; quality can be adjusted (maps to reSID
Tested with Ultima 6 -- everything seems to work fine.
The card is listed in installer as "Innovation" (the
very last option in sound).
- I've compiled this patch only with VS2003. All
necessary changes for other toolchains are there but I
cannot verify that everything works.
- I don't have any other games that support this card
so I cannot test them.
- I don't have the actual hardware so I cannot tell if
the emulation is authentic. It sounds "right," but
that's about it.