Menu

MySQL Connection problem

Help
nickazza
2006-04-02
2013-06-06
  • nickazza

nickazza - 2006-04-02

I downloaded the compiled versions of marauroa and stendhal. When I start the server I get the following error:

5    [marauroad] WARN  marauroa.server.game.JDBCPlayerDatabase  - error creating Connection
    com.mysql.jdbc.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure due to underlying exception:

** BEGIN NESTED EXCEPTION **

java.io.EOFException

STACKTRACE:

java.io.EOFException
            at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.readFully(MysqlIO.java:1842)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.readPacket(MysqlIO.java:473)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.doHandshake(MysqlIO.java:944)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.createNewIO(Connection.java:1777)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.<init>(Connection.java:437)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect(NonRegisteringDriver.java:268)
            at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
            at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
            at marauroa.server.game.JDBCPlayerDatabase.createConnection(JDBCPlayerDatabase.java:969)
            at marauroa.server.game.JDBCPlayerDatabase.getTransaction(JDBCPlayerDatabase.java:946)
            at marauroa.server.game.JDBCPlayerDatabase.runDBScript(JDBCPlayerDatabase.java:878)
            at marauroa.server.game.JDBCPlayerDatabase.<init>(JDBCPlayerDatabase.java:89)
            at marauroa.server.game.JDBCPlayerDatabase.resetDatabaseConnection(JDBCPlayerDatabase.java:101)
            at marauroa.server.game.JDBCPlayerDatabase.getDatabase(JDBCPlayerDatabase.java:113)
            at marauroa.server.net.PacketValidator.loadBannedIPNetworkListFromDB(PacketValidator.java:100)
            at marauroa.server.net.PacketValidator.<init>(PacketValidator.java:58)
            at marauroa.server.net.NetworkServerManager.<init>(NetworkServerManager.java:62)
            at marauroa.server.marauroad.init(marauroad.java:180)
            at marauroa.server.marauroad.run(marauroad.java:135)

So seems like he doesn't get the MySQL-Connection. But when I connect by hand it's no problem. Am using MySQL 5.0.18.
    Created the marauroa.ini via script:

marauroa_DATABASE=games.stendhal.server.StendhalPlayerDatabase

jdbc_url=jdbc:mysql://localhost/stendhal
    jdbc_class=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
    jdbc_user=stendhal
    jdbc_pwd=marauroa

marauroa_PORT=32160

rp_RPWorldClass=games.stendhal.server.StendhalRPWorld
    rp_RPRuleProcessorClass=games.stendhal.server.StendhalRPRuleProcessor
    rp_turnDuration=300

Is this MySQL-Version not supported? Am running the server on Debian Linux.

• Miguel Angel Blanch Lardin

I am running MySQL 4.x
      I will try to update my installation and will check. I bet that the problem could be related to mysql-connector to be out of date. Try getting a newer MySQL Connector and tell me if it fix the problem.

• nickazza

nickazza - 2006-04-03

I updated to the latest MySQL-Connector from mysql.com but the errors stay the same.

perhaps my server is not using the standard-mySQL port?

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel