Since actual project membership has not been managed at Sourceforge for some time, the admins today have decided to go ahead and clean up the user list here. This does not impact actual project membership or developer lists in any way.
2008-03-08 03:40:41 PST by milosch
The eGroupWare project is proud to announce the 3. major release of our well know groupware suite.
It contains uncountable improvements over the 1.2 release. To name a few:
* addressbook completely rewritten (Group-addressbooks, Organisation-views, improved LDAP support)
* new fully integrated tracker application used by the project itself since some time
* new imap backend and many improvements for FMail
* Gallery2 port for eGroupWare
* many improvements in nearly all applications
* have a look at the release-notes: http://www.egroupware.org/wiki/releasenotes1.4
* for a full list see http://www.egroupware.org/changelog
Install AND update instruction are available from the setup manual: http://www.egroupware.org/wiki/ManualSetup
Download Tar and Zip packages from sf.net: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=78745
You need to download and install both of the following files:
Additionally you can install:
* eGroupWare-gallery (Gallery2 port for eGW)
* eGroupWare-iCalSrv (iCal Server)
Rpm packages are available from openSUSE build service: http://build.opensuse.org/project/view?project=server:eGroupWare
* openSUSE 10.2
* SUSE Linux 10.0+10.1
* SLES 10
* Fedora Core 5+6
The 1.4 release contains no more of the 1.2 contrib applications. If you want to continue to use them - against our recommendation, as they are no longer maintained - you can do so by checking them out from svn, see http://www.egroupware.org/wiki/subversion
Many thanks to all developers, translators and testers :-)
The eGroupWare release team
2007-06-04 04:39:53 PDT by ralfbecker
This release should be mostly bug free, but you should install it on production critical systems only, when you know what you are doing.
You need to download and install at least following files:
Binary packages are temporarily available from openSUSE build service:
Fedora Core 5: http://software.opensuse.org/download/home:/lkneschke/Fedora_Extras_5/repodata/
Fedora Core 6: http://software.opensuse.org/download/home:/lkneschke/Fedora_Extras_6/repodata/
openSUSE 10.2: http://software.opensuse.org/download/home:/lkneschke/openSUSE_10.2/repodata/
SUSE Linux 10.1: http://software.opensuse.org/download/home:/lkneschke/SUSE_Linux_10.1/repodata/
SUSE Linux 10.0: http://software.opensuse.org/download/home:/lkneschke/SUSE_Linux_10.0/repodata/
The eGroupWare release team
2007-04-16 22:27:04 PDT by lkneschke
This is a bugfix and maintainance release for the 1.2 branch of
eGroupWare. We recommend everyone to update to it.
The most important fix is PHP5.2 compatibility.
Because of a nasty bug in the PHP5.2 mbstring extension, you have to
additionally switch display_errors Off, to be able to work with
eGroupWare using multibyte charsets like utf-8 (or anyway if you have
mbstring.func_overload > 0). Otherwise you get tons of "empty haystack"
Package layout (NO change to the previous 1.2 packages):
- eGroupWare packages (all formats) contain all maintained applications
- RPM: eGroupWare-app packages require an eGroupWare or eGroupWare-core
- gz, bz2, zip: eGroupWare-contrib contains ALL unmaintained
applications (Please note they are not maintained and bugfixed anymore!
Install only the app(s) you really need.)
- PHP5.2 compatibility (eg. datetime class)
- various fixes in the calendar
- PostgreSQL 8.1 compatibility
- setup/ldapimport fixed
We expect to have the first beta for the new 1.4 release within the next
Your eGroupWare development team
2007-01-01 02:26:20 PST by ralfbecker
It contains only bugfixes and language updates, no new features. It also contains a security relevant fix, if you use eGroupWare with register_globals On, against our recommendation and configuration files.
We recommend everyone updates to it.
2006-09-06 02:02:11 PDT by ralfbecker