YouTube-DL-PyTK (formerly known as YouTube-DL-GTK) is just a graphical launcher for the popular youtube downloader youtube-dl . Its purpose is simple; to facilitate the downloading of non-copyright-protected videos from certain internet websites including YouTube.
It is written in Python, so it should run on Windows and Linux systems alike. I don't have access to an Apple computer to test it on OSX, but it might also work on that platform.
It includes the Windows and Unix version of youtube-dl, so there's no need for you to go download it yourself for this to work. This little project packages everything you need to start using it in one package, and all the appropriate licensing information is located in the archive. If you have ran the installer on Windows, you can find the source code and all of the documentation in the installation folder.
- Download videos from YouTube and a few other sites
- Gives a graphical error notification in the event of a problem
- Has an installer/uninstaller for Linux systems as well as Windows
- Can be ran without installing
- Tarball version will run on all supported systems, no digging for the right executable for your OS
- Displays a terminal with the output of youtube-dl in the background so that if something out of the ordinary happens, the output of youtube-dl is visible instead of being hidden so you can diagnose what happened yourself.
Be the first to post a review of YouTube-DL-PyTK!