Note: I need somebody to test this on a Mac. It "should" work, but I don't have a Mac to test it out on. If you have time to test it, you can submit a question in the Discussion area here, or e-mail me directly with the results and we'll work it from there (email@example.com).
PingChecker is a tool I wrote to help myself with pinging multiple hostnames or IP addresses for the purpose of determining patterns. You can enter targets yourself, or read names stored in a file, and ping all of them in sequence. The results are saved in both plain text and CSV format for easy viewing.
- Ping multiple machines (in sequence) by either hostname or IP address
- Cross platform, runs on Windows and Linux (Maybe Mac OSX, needs testing)
- Customize the program to suit your needs, such as taking a list exported from Active Directory and using that as input
- Saves the results in plain text and CSV format for easy viewing
- Enter targets manually, or read a long list of them from a file