This project is to develop firmware for a pocket calculator that is a super-set of the legendary HP-42S RPN Scientific. We strive to create a serious scientific instrument again like we did with the WP 34S (look here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/wp34s/ ).
WP 43S is going to come pretty close to the ultimate RPN scientific calculator - at least that's what we will be trying to achieve. That means it will be instant-on, including all the mathematics you can expect in such a package, all the keystroke programming capabilities you need to solve repetitive as well as iterative problems easily, and I/O channels for reliable backup and easy linking to an arbitrary host computer.
Presently, the prototype hardware is under development still - beta is released. The firmware team is waiting for it to start its work asap. BTW, we are open for collaboarators. See *Discussion* for news.
- The most ample set of scientific functions from roots, exponentials, logs, and trigonometry to Beta, Gamma, Zeta, Bessel, and Chebishev, Hermite, Laguerre, Legendre polynomials
- The most ample set of probability distributions and sample statistics analysis functions
- Built in Solver for finding the roots for any variable in an arbitrary equation
- Numeric integration and derivation, automatic sums and products
- Vector and matrix algebra, solves systems of linear equations
- More than 80 unit conversions provided (e.g. to and from dB)
- More than 50 physical constants (state of CODATA 2014)
- Integer calculations in 15 bases from binary to hexadecimal
- Bit manipulations up to a word length of 64 bits
- Fully keystroke-programmable (several MB for your programs and data)
- Footprint smaller than HP-42S, fully pocketable
- Crisp b/w dot matrix display (240 x 400 px)
- USB port for communication with your computer
- IR diode for serial printing
- 43 tactile feedback keys in eight rows, two shift keys
- Six menu keys - each menu presenting a choice of up to18 items in a single view
- Full alpha keyboard, also for Greek and international letters
- Hardware will be built by SwissMicros (see https://www.swissmicros.com/ )
Follow WP 43s
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
Be the first to post a review of WP 43s!