VEDICS (Voice Enabled Desktop Interaction and Control System) is an assistive software which lets the user to interact with the OS using voice commands. Using this software the user can access any element found on the user's screen.
- The user can access any element visible on the desktop through speech
- The user can navigate through the filesystem through speech.
- The user can perform common window operations through speech.
- The user can start using the software without any training.
- The user can start any application installed in the system through speech.
Does not work in linux mint 18, sorry to see a valuable assistive technology like this lose momentum.