UCanAccess is a pure Java JDBC Driver implementation which allows java developers and jdbc client programs to read/write Microsoft Access database (.mdb and .accdb files). No ODBC needed.
- Supported Access formats: 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010.
- SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE statements. Transactions and savepoints.
- Access data types: YESNO, BYTE, INTEGER, LONG, SINGLE, DOUBLE, NUMERIC, CURRENCY, COUNTER, TEXT, OLE, MEMO, GUID, DATETIME.
- Concurrent access from multiple users (i.e., multiple application server threads).
- Connection pooling.
- ANSI 92 SQL, core SQL-2008.
- MS Access SQL.
- Main Access functions implementation.
- You can execute select queries defined and saved in Access.
- Criteria in LIKE clause.
- Access date format (e.g., #11/22/2003 10:42:58 PM#).
- Both double quote " and single quote ' as SQL string delimeters.
- Command Line Console. You can run SQL commands and display their results. CSV export command.
It's not perfect, but the creator is permanently looking to update his software, and helping the community with their problems. He diserves the 5 starts.
Works as advertised. Excellent help from the forums!
Amazingly robust and full featured tool for working with Access files on non-Windows platforms.
Very useful project . Thanks for your effort and congratulations on your work.
Following the instructions in askubuntu.com I managed to create a link to a local mdb. (I could see my tables) The problem is that after installing all these, every odb I opened, first time opened ok but after that became unusable. This is a strange behaviour since I did not saved the opened odb. So the jars provided did something to my LO or to the specific odb. After removing all files added to "class Path" (in Tools > Options > Advanced) The problem stopped for the unopened odbs but it was still present for the already opened and closed. ---- using UCanAccess-3.0.0 in ubuntu 14.04 64bit my odb files have a startup form. code Sub ShowMyStartupFrom( ) OpenMyForm("Ολα") End Sub Function OpenMyForm(frmName As String) As Object Dim ObjTypeWhat 'OpenMyForm = Null ObjTypeWhat = com.sun.star.sdb.application.DatabaseObject.FORM If ThisDatabaseDocument.FormDocuments.hasbyname(frmName) Then 'Check the form exists ThisDataBaseDocument.CurrentController.Connect() 'If the form exists connect to the database ThisDatabaseDocument.CurrentController.loadComponent(ObjTypeWhat, frmName, FALSE) 'Open the form OpenMyForm = ThisComponent Else Error1(frmName) End if End Function stops in connecting (ThisDataBaseDocument.CurrentController.Connect()) with an exception: com.sun.star.sdbc.SQLException