3DimViewer is a lightweight 3D viewer of medical DICOM datasets that is distributed as open source software. The viewer is multiplatform software written in C++ that runs on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux systems.
3DimViewer source codes are available on Bitbucket (https://bitbucket.org/3dimlab/3dimviewer).
Video tutorials can be found on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCvwUmKRw9ZO4YexLKEXmw_2jPo-kXVRn).
- 3D visualization of medical volumetric images (CT and MRI scans).
- Multiplanar and orthogonal XY, XZ and YZ views.
- Adjustable density window.
- Density and distance measuring.
- DICOM dataset import.
- Volume rendering using shaders running on NVidia and AMD graphic cards.
- Tissue segmentation based on thresholding.
- Surface modeling of any segmented tissue.
- 3D surface rendering.
- Running on Windows and Mac OS X.
A very fast, light, useful and interesting program. I recommend it to all