April 22, 2016
Transmission is a respected "Fast, Easy, and Free BitTorrent Client", quoted from their site http://www.transmissionbt.com
Unofficial Windows build runs perfect either Windows service or daemon.
32 bit and 64 bit versions.
32 (runs everywhere), 64 only 64-bit versions of Windows.
Decision made to maintain and compile choice 2.7x core rather than somewhat buggy 2.8x-2.9x cores. That's why you will see infrequent and less bug fixes than official branches. All the features of 2.8x-2.9x (except rename). Run this solid 2.77+ port for extended days, it doesn't crash or lock. Prime for seedbox use.
The included remote GUI port is fine tuned to the daemon released here.
Temporary piece support. https://trac.transmissionbt.com/ticket/532 plus many featured enhancements! Tested, stable enhancements users requested.
Specifically modified and bug tested for building with cygwin gcc/g++ compiler.
- Also included, among several others, are many additional bug fixes and enhancements
- not limited to:
- Stream ( pieces in order ) any of the torrent's files
- Prefetching of magnetized metadata right away
- Improve “No Data Found” error message and recovery behavior
- Drop magnet clients that send corrupt metadata, prevents stalling
- Make it possible to choose what files to download after getting magnet metadata
- Seeding progress bars do not show in Web UI
- Correct implementation of Blocklists loaded is used to filter DHT
- Collect unwanted, but received, blocks in a separate file
- Skip verify check
- Re-verify on torrent completion
- Watch folder for magnet links and/or torrent files
- Execute a script/application on torrent added and/or torrent completed
- Web Client and Desktop GUI Client for Windows included
- Configurable options for IPv6
- Direct torcache.net support
This not infected with keyRange virus like 2.90 official sources. Here is clean and very excellent. Does streaming to media player, only this transmission bittorrent from here does it. Support is best. New release fixed for me to asynchronous I/O settings choosing. The daemon is no longer frezzing.
Отличный демон для винды
great program, now want to use it for linux as this one is updated often!
I/O should be made asynchronous, because every time a file is created, the whole daemon freezes until all the space is allocated, causing all downloads to freeze, and clients to disconnect. Other than that, it's good.