November 1, 2017
Transmission is a respected Fast, Easy, and Free BitTorrent Client, as from their site https://transmissionbt.com/about/
Unofficial Windows build runs perfect either Windows service or daemon.
32 bit and 64 bit versions.
32 (runs everywhere), 64 only 64-bit Windows.
Decision made to maintain choice 2.7x core rather than somewhat buggy 2.8x-2.9x cores. That's why you will see infrequent and less bug fixes than official branches. All the features of 2.8x-2.9x (except rename). Run this solid 2.77+ port for extended days, it doesn't crash or lock. Prime for seedbox use.
The included remote GUI port is fine tuned to the daemon released here.
Temporary piece support. https://trac.transmissionbt.com/ticket/532 plus many featured enhancements! Tested, stable enhancements users requested.
Specifically modified and bug tested for Windows. Built with cygwin gcc/g++ compiler.
Current release 14734-10 102717
- This fork has many additional bug fixes and enhancements
- including, among several others, and not limited to:
- All windows versions XP and higher
- Eliminate falsely reporting "Error: invalid or corrupt torrent file"
- Stream ( pieces in order ) any of the torrent's files
- Prefetching of magnetized metadata right away
- Easy recovery for “Error: No data found! Ensure your drives are connected or use...”
- Drop magnet clients that send corrupt metadata, prevents stalling
- Make it possible to choose what files to download after getting magnet metadata
- Seeding progress bars do not show in Web UI
- Correct implementation of Blocklists loaded is used to filter DHT
- Collect unwanted, but received, blocks in a separate file
- Skip verify check
- Re-verify on torrent completion
- Watch folder for magnet links and/or torrent files
- Execute a script/application on torrent added and/or torrent completed
- Web Client and Desktop GUI Client for Windows included
- Configurable options for IPv6
- Direct Torrage support
- Webseed reimplementation, all known bugs fixed
The official release of transmission just sucks on Windows, this one is perfect!
It's best one for torrents for Windows. There be an install help in the discussion. Freeware, no adds or spam. Sources are on his github accounts. GUI controls powerhouse daemon clean and easy.
A+ windows 10 64bit. Does everything and more I needed in torrents.
How to use or install this????????? I downloaded but no installation or use instructions??? I mean not everyone is a genius as the rest of you? Hello???
This not infected with keyRange virus like 2.90 official sources. Here is clean and very excellent. Does streaming to media player, only this transmission bittorrent from here does it. Support is best. New release fixed for me to asynchronous I/O settings choosing. The daemon is no longer frezzing.