TexGen is an automated heightmap texture generator written in Java. Terrain texturing is often done procedurally within modern game engines and 3D applications. However, any user looking for an altenative, need look no further than TexGen.
- Released under the GNU General Public License with full source code.
- Supports a variety of image formats (jpg,bmp,png,gif).
- Height-based texturing (as of v0.5)
- 3D terrain preview (as of v0.75)
- Slope-based texturing (coming soon in v1.0)
I'm currently studying game programming and I usually draw my height maps in photoshop, but my textures never really look that good since I'm not great at graphics. This program lets me import my own height map and then generates a texture that fits perfectly with it. It's very easy to use and will help make my games look a bit better while I'm learning! Thanks for a great little program!