64tass is cross assembler targeting the 65xx series of micro processors.
- Open source portable C with minimal dependencies
- Familiar syntax to Omicron TASS and TASM
- Supports 6502, 65C02, R65C02, W65C02, 65CE02, 65816, DTV, 65EL02, 4510
- Arbitrary-precision integers and bit strings, double precision floating point numbers
- Character and byte strings, array arithmetic
- Handles UTF-8, UTF-16 and 8 bit RAW encoded source files, Unicode character strings
- Supports Unicode identifiers with compatibility normalization and optional case insensitivity
- Built-in "linker" with section support
- Various memory models, binary targets and text output formats (also Hex/S-record)
- Assembly and label listings available for debugging or exporting
- Conditional compilation, macros, structures, unions, scopes
The best 6502 assembler you can get. I use it regulary.
Underrated, underused. Small file size, no deps, updated regulary here on sourceforge, good results. Thank you!
If you are looking for an assembler that works fast and flawlessly, with syntax that is easy to understand and work with -- this is the assembler for you. I have been using 64tass for over five years and believe me -- the instant I see an update message I stop here and get the newest version! The interesting part for me is that I have never encountered an actual bug! My projects are always fairly involved, too (such as writing a new OS for the SuperCPU in VICE), so I tend to put 64tass through its paces whether the project is large or small. Did I say fast? Oh, it's fast. A million source bytes a second or better, I reckon. Great listings, frequently updated, the benefit of an extremely helpful author when you need him, and the fact that 64tass includes a wonderful 65816 assembler makes it very easy to "highly" recommend AND declare that it is by far the best 65xxx assembler I have ever used. Oh... and the price is right. :D