Highlight is a source code to formatted text converter. It generates HTML, XHTML, RTF, ODT, LaTeX, TeX, SVG, BBCode and terminal escape sequences with coloured syntax highlighting. Language definitions and colour themes are Lua scripts and support plugins
- highlighting of keywords, types, strings, numbers, escape sequences, comments, operators and preprocessor directives
- coloured output in HTML, XHTML 1.1, RTF, TeX, LaTeX, SVG, BBCode and terminal escape sequences
- supports referenced stylesheet files for HTML, LaTeX, TeX or SVG output
- all configuration files are Lua scripts, supports user plug-ins
- recognition of nested languages within a file
- reformatting and indentation of C, C++, C# and Java source code
- wrapping of long lines
- customizable keyword groups
A very useful, complete and well-done software.
This highlighter is the fastest I have ever tried and plays nicely together with cgit.
[CLI] A great little application, have made use of it several times when needing to display code on a website