Silent Mantis is a freely available, cross-platform event recorder software, which integrates the features of a video player, an image viewer and a spreadsheet editor. It can be used in animal or human behavioral research to manually record any animal or human bevavioral states or events from a video file. The results can be exported into text files for statistical evaluation purposes.
SM was developed by Peter Szabo at the Institute of Biology of the University of Veterinary Medicine in Budapest, Hungary. It is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License. The current stable version is 0.2.
- Video and Image sequence display
- Manual event recording with buttons and keyboard shortcuts
- Data export into text file
- Workspace open/save
- Built-in Users's Guide
- Supported Media formats: MP4, MP3, FXM, FLV, HLS, AIFF, WAV
- Many supported image formats
Be the first to post a review of Silent Mantis!