An open source portal solution in Java.
pulse is a framework on top of the Servlet API providing easy to use and easy to extend patterns for creating browser based applications and websites. Moreover pulse delivers a set of out-of-the-box components, e.g. CMS, shopping, user management.
- Cross-platform, implemented using Java technology.
- Completely written using Java 6.
- Provides a framework for quick development of own applications.
- Is delivered with a host of out-of-the-box applications: CMS, Shop, Surveys, Filters and many more.
- A WebDAV based virtual file system for digital asset management.
- Mature user and role management
- Easy-to-use administration interface based on AJAX (using Ext JS)
- Built for internationalisation
- Flexible templating with XSLT 2.0/XPath 2.0
pulse is designed with brand sites in mind where absolute flexibility in presentation is a core requirement.
- CMS system
- web shop / shopping cart / web store
- cross-platform, implemented using Java 5 technology
- based upon well-known and open standards (JPA, XSL, JAXB, etc)
- site-wide full text search
- mature user management and access control (role based)
- just-as-you-would-expect-it behaviour
- easy-to-use administration interface based on AJAX
- virtual file system for site resources with WebDAV access
- easy to extend API
Great product! Still lacking documentation, but the JavaDoc is quite useful. I'm curious about the upcoming 0.6 release and the corresponding update to the project website. Keep up the great work!