The Clipper library performs clipping and offsetting for both lines and polygons. All four boolean clipping operations are supported - intersection, union, difference and exclusive-or. Polygons can be of any shape including self-intersecting polygons.
17 March 2016:
Since it's been some time since the last update, some may be wondering if I no longer plan further updates. I do have plans for more updates but I also have a chronic health condition (not life threatening) that's set me back, and I don't really have a good idea when I'll restart development.
- Line and polygon clipping - intersection, union, difference & xor
- Line and polygon offsetting with 3 types of joining - miter, square and round
- Polygons can be of any shape, including self-intersecting polygons
- Minkowski Addition and Minkowski Difference functions included
- The library is written in Delphi, C++, C# and Python
- Comprehensive documentation
- Demos use AGG, Cairo, OpenGL, GDI+ & Graphics32 graphics libraries
- The library is significantly faster than commercial alternatives
- Third-party modules for Perl, Ruby and Python languages
Is stable and robust
excellent library, very helpful.
Well designed, very well performing and the support is great as well.