This project has a lively SVN repository for build recipes, over 1000 F/OSS softwares are available.
The tool "pkgbuild" is for building packages on Solaris 11/OpenIndiana from RPM-like spec files.
The tool also runs on OmniOS.
If you want, you can create new style IPS packages and old style SVR4 packages for Solaris 10.
The tool is not updated frequently, but the following "build recipes" for pkgbuild is updated every day.
For a few hundred build-recipes see the sub-project "spec-files-extra" or "SFE". We already have stacks of e.g. multimedia players mplyer/vlc or postfix/dovecot/cyrus-sasl/spamfiltering.
But there is so much more to be added! Volunteers to the build-recipes are always welcome.
Please ask on the mailing list or irc://irc.freenode.org/#pkgbuild
Please proceed now with the link below and remember to visit "SFE" on the left and browse through the available packages list in SVN. Or go for one of the binary repositories with ready-to-use IPS packages.
- Lively repository of RPM style spec files to actually build thousands of different F/OSS packages (from postfix to multimedia)
- Used to build packages whose specs are in the Spec Files Extra repository
- Also used to build portions of the Solaris and OpenIndiana operating systems
- There are binary repositories out there, so you simply can install packages with "pfexec pkg install postfix"
- The build-recipes support Solaris 11+, OpenIndiana, OmniOS (early)
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
Be the first to post a review of pkgbuild!