= MIF 85 TRACKER ============================================================
- Multiplatform GNU/GPL chiptune music tracker for sound interface MIF 85
- for the Tesla PMD 85 (an 8-bit personal micro-computer produced in eighties
- of twentieth century in former Czechoslovakia), or for Sam Coupé computer.
- Both of these using the Philips SAA 1099 soundchip with 6 channels.
- This is a very first music tracker for this soundchip on PC platform!
~ mborik [Martin Borik] - project manager and lead developer
~ stripwax [Dave Hooper] - author of SAASound emulation open-source library
~ to install with all dependencies type: 'sudo dpkg -i --force-depends *.deb'
~ wxWidgets - cross-platform GUI toolkit [ wxWidgets >= 2.8.4 < 2.9.0 ]
~ PortAudio - portable real-time audio library [ libPA >= 19 ]
~ zlib - deflate compression library [ zlib >= 1.2 ]
INFORMATION FOR MUSICIANS:
~ Philips SAA 1099 has some rules for envelope or noise control, that you need
to set by parameters in specific channels. We have two envelope generators,
two noise generators and there is basic rule, that every env/noise generator
belongs for channel-groups:
- channel 1 / 4: noise generator frequency control (tracker command E23)
- channel 2 / 5: envelope generator frequency control (tracker command EXY)
- channel 3 / 6: envelope generator amplitude control (tracker command E1Y)
~ Envelope control value consist of two parts. First value specifies mode:
- E0Y: enable envelope and disable amplitude generator
- E1Y: enable envelope and leave enabled amplitude generator as it was
- E2N: enable and overwrite noise generator with custom value (0-3)
- ED0: disable envelope generator
Second value Y for envelope generator specifies shape and false-stereo effect
controlled by every odd value after selected shape. Here were chosen every
meaningful and repetitive shape that was available in two resolutions
(4-bit vs. 3-bit) that affect the final sound character:
- 0 - full amplitude (bass 4-bit resolution) ----
- 2 - decay saw (bass 4-bit resolution) \\\\
- 4 - triangular saw (bass 4-bit resolution) /\/\
- 6 - attack saw (bass 4-bit resolution) ////
- 8 - full amplitude (std. 3-bit resolution) ----
- A - decay saw (std. 3-bit resolution) \\\\
- C - triangular saw (std. 3-bit resolution) /\/\
- E - attack saw (std. 3-bit resolution) ////
~ Run script './configure', then 'make'
~ You can install application to the system dirs with 'make install' under root
~ In case of auto-config problems, you can try to 'autoreconf -vfi',
or 'autoconf'/'automake' (but still you need installed autotools package).
INFORMATION FOR PROGRAMMERS:
~ Source codes uses a tab-indentation (size 4) and some strict rules
described in '.settings/org.eclipse.cdt.core.prefs'.
~ Yes, Eclipse CDT is prefered IDE... take it or make a demo about it! ;)
~ Whole GUI is pre-generated with wxFormBuilder v3.4 from 'design.fbp' file.
~ Pre-generated 'design.cpp' is inherited to our base-class for every window
or dialog definition (eg. GUITracker => TTracker)