This is a memory checker utility that provides memory allocation and release functionality. It uses the memory paging system to allocate a guard page after each page of memory to provide a hardware boundary that can detect memory overflows. This allows for immediate detection of buffer overflow error conditions.
There are many other memory checker programs in existence - why do we need another? This Hardware Memory Checker provides a combination of features not found in other memory checkers.
- it uses the hardware paging system for immediate error detection (most other memory checkers look for modified memory in no mans land)
- it is very fast compared to other hardware memory checkers because it makes fewer changes to the paging tables
- it can track the original release location when debugging duplicate free problems
- it is designed for large scale integration with the ability to call user defined fail functions
Follow Hardware Memory Checker
- Get visibility into the health and performance of your entire Cisco ASA environment in a single dashboard
- View VPN tunnel status and monitoring firewall high availability, health, and readiness
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
Be the first to post a review of Hardware Memory Checker!