This is a remastered version of Ubuntu Linux. There are 32-bit and 64-bit versions available, as well as a (much older) image for the PengPod 1000. I *hope* to be able to create a version for the Ubuntu M10 tablet sometime in the future.
This version contains a lot of amateur radio software including Fldigi, NBEMS, Gpredict, earthtrack, xcwcp and qrq, XLog and cqrlog, flrig and grig, xnec2c, fl_moxgen, aa-analyzer, owx, VOACAP, glfer, Xastir, gqrx, gEDA, GNU Radio Companion, quisk, direwolf, linamc, FreeDV, wsjt-x, Micro-Fox 15 Config, and a TinyTrak3 configuration program.
Version 19 is updated to match Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS.
This software collection uses the icewm window manager with menus customized for Amateur Radio use. It is designed to be light weight to run on older computers, while still having modern functionality.
Recommended: 1GHz CPU and 1GB memory at an absolute bare minimum (SDR applications will require more).
- Live medium which can be installed to the hard drive or USB thumb drive
- icewm window manager
- Contains a large number of amateur radio programs
- Amateur Radio menu customized for ease of use
- Nothing proprietary (as far as I know)
- Most software came directly from the Ubuntu repositories
- Software defined radio receiver with RTL2832 USB dongle
- Micro-Fox Config GPL and TinyTrak3 Config GPL
- GNU Radio Companion and gqrx
- FreeDV (free digital voice)
- Packet radio software linpac and AX25
- pskmail client and server
- digital radio mondiale