This is a remastered version of Ubuntu Linux. There are 32-bit and 64-bit versions available.
This version contains a lot of amateur radio software including Fldigi, NBEMS, Gpredict, earthtrack, xcwcp and qrq, XLog and cqrlog, flrig and grig, xnec2c, fl_moxgen, aa-analyzer, owx, VOACAP, glfer, Xastir, gqrx, gEDA, GNU Radio Companion, quisk, direwolf, linamc, FreeDV, wsjt-x, Micro-Fox 15 Config, and a TinyTrak3 configuration program.
Version 21 has been updated to match Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS.
This software collection uses the icewm window manager with menus customized for Amateur Radio use. It is designed to be light weight to run on older computers, while still having modern functionality.
Recommended: 1GHz CPU, 1GB memory, and 10-15 GB disk space at an absolute bare minimum (SDR applications will require more).
- Live medium which can be installed to the hard drive or USB thumb drive
- icewm window manager
- Contains a large number of amateur radio programs
- Amateur Radio menu customized for ease of use
- Nothing proprietary (as far as I know)
- Most software came directly from the Ubuntu repositories
- Software defined radio receiver with RTL2832 USB dongle
- Micro-Fox Config GPL and TinyTrak3 Config GPL
- GNU Radio Companion and gqrx
- FreeDV (free digital voice)
- Packet radio software linpac and AX25
- pskmail client and server
- digital radio mondiale
- Learn CW via the Wordsworth method