You can reference our new tutorial
How to Start
- Download the HareDBClient zip file and extract it.
- Double Click startup.bat(for windows) or startup.sh (for linuxs)
- Click the Hare iCon or Click the question mark to get user manual
- Fix bugs:
- Error when querying data via HiveServer2.
- Fix bugs:
- Error when connecting metastore via HiveServer2.
- Adding tip when connecting to cluster via embedded metastore.
- Hotfix for displaying wrong activate message window at start up.
Version HareDBClient-1.120.01s is released with new features:
- Support creating meta tables that are stored in Hadoop, and now you can query them via SQL commands on Apache Spark.
- Create index for HBase tables with our UI using Apache Solr. But you need to set up the Apache Solr service.(This feature only supported in Enterprise Edition. Downloading it from HareDB.com)
- Support SQL join between HBase tables. Example: select a.:key, b.cf:column1, c f:column2 from table1 as a join table2 b on a.cf:id = b.
- Supports Kerberos.
- Remove meta store type - Local and Remote.
- Fix bugs.
- Improve HareQL performance.
- Add special character support in SQL commands, hence no need to use backquote anymore. Example: select cf:qualifier from hbasetable.
- The run-time environment requires:
- Hadoop 2.6.X or later (using YARN)
- HBase 1.2.0
Although we've only tested the system in Hadoop 2.6.X, but it should work in any version that is running YARN (We'd strongly recommend using YARN).
- According to the big update in HBase 0.94 to HBase 0.96, this version (1.120) of HareDB HBase Client is not fully functioning in HBase 0.94. We'd strongly recommend that you should update your HBase to version 0.98+.