GloboNote is a free and easy to use desktop note taking application. It lets you create sticky notes, to-do lists, journals, reminders and other notes in one place. There are no limits to the number of sticky notes you can create. Notes can be organize by groups and search using the search tool. GloboNote can be run in any OS that has Java 6 installed.
- Platform Independent. Run on any OS that has Java 6 or higher installed
- Set Alarms. Remind yourself of important events. Set recurring alarm, play custom sound(*.wav, *.aiff or *.mp3)
- Create checklist. Insert checkboxes on note (Ctrl-Shift-C to create checkbox).
- Build-in Calculator. Enter the calculation in the note then press F2
- Organize notes in group. Display/Hide notes according to group
- Customize notes. Change color, font, behavior of your note
- Create note templates and load it using hotkeys(ALT-1 to ALT-8)
- Search Notes. Locate your notes using the search tool. Search while you are typing
- Hide/Show/Park note. Hide or Park unwanted note.
- Attach files on note then double click to launch it
- Attach images on notes. Paste image from clipboard to note
- URL Detection. Support hyperlink detection. Press Ctrl to activate it and click on the detected link to launch appropriate application.
- Find/Replace the content of the note
- Make note to always stay on top of other window
- Support for rich text editing with bold, italic, colour etc
- Roll Up/Down note with a single click
- Adjust transparency level of inactive note
The license is not GNU GPL! The code is closed and it is forbidden to make changes!
This is a very nice little desktop note app except for two things, or maybe it's only one thing. I have to ALT=Tab through all the notes on the desktop to get to the application I'm trying to access. I tried reducing the # of notes, by hiding the reminders. The reminders did not remind. :) I don't know if it is because they are not visible on the desktop or not. If you don't mind the inconvenience at tab, tab, tab, tab, ad infinitum, you should like this little sticky. Me, I am looking elsewhere.
Perfectly simple yet complex. Good Job.
Having used Zhorne Stickies for about 8 years I was at a loss when my bosses bought me a Mac as it wasn't available on OS X. I searched around until I found Globonote and haven't looked back. I have been using it now for about a month on the Mac after testing it on a PC. I am very impressed with this little app, it does what it says on the tin, reliably and is very easy to use. The pop up reminder facility is very important to me as I need to call people at certain times on certain days, with different colours for different types of call. This works brilliantly and the support has been great considering the programmer doesn't have a Mac (thanks William). The only thing I miss from the Zhorne Stickies is that you could delete stickies and they could be retrieved whenever you searched as you could set it to keep the last however many you wanted. Unlike most of the other notes they don't have to clutter your screen as the are easy to hide or park. I highly recommend this app as I have looked at most of the others and I consider this to be one of the best around for the Mac.
Greate project, simple and powerfull :-)