|Name||Modified||Size||Downloads / Week||Status|
|Totals: 26 Items||571.1 MB||17,612|
Xcode installs its git to
/usr/bin/git; recent versions of
(Yosemite and later) ship with stubs in /usr/bin, which take
precedence over this git. To overcome, do the following:
sudo mv /usr/bin/git /usr/bin/git-system sudo ln -sf /usr/local/git/bin/git /usr/bin/git
Note, you will need to restart your shell after so-doing, as most shells (bash) cache command location resolution from PATH.
If you are running:
10.6Snow Leopard: git-*-snow-leopard
10.8Mountain Lion: git-*-snow-leopard
The Snow Leopard builds will work on Mavericks and later, but there are issues running
Scream where you can be heard. File an issue here: https://github.com/timcharper/git_osx_installer/issues
Builds have been updated to create symlinks in
/usr/local/bin to run git. El Capitan no longer allows modifications to
/usr/local/bin is preferred over
/usr/bin, by default.
The installer installs the
uninstall.sh script, which has also been updated to remove the new symlinks created.
The installer no longer uses
PackageMaker. Instead, it uses
pkgbuild, which is much simpler, and is the supported way of doing packages.
Mavericks builds have been published to address issues running
git gui. Going forward,
Snow Leopard and
Mavericks builds will be published.
Also, the Makefile has been fixed to enable 32-bit builds of the OS X keychain credential helper. Universal builds have returned, reducing one more decision the user has to make when determining the appropriate download version.
32-bit builds for Snow Leopard (and later) are back. These were created on a 64-bit installation of Mac OS X Snow Leopard.
As announced on the git mailing list, git for OS X
The following versions contain the fix:
64-bit builds for Snow Leopard (and later) have been published. There was an issue with the build script in which the compilation Framework was not being properly specified, and this effectively caused it to be ignored. As a result, the builds were not working on 10.8.x and earlier. I apologize deeply for this error. Further compounding the issue was lack of feedback channels, and the negative reviews were not emailed to me. This was my fault as I did not set up adequate instructions for how to ask for help. I've updated the project home page with a link to the GitHub issue tracker, and have done various cleanup to reduce clutter remaining since the transition from Google Code.
The build process has been greatly improved; the cumbersome script has been replaced with a more declarative Makefile. A check has been added to assert that the 32-bit package actually contain 32-bit executables.